COVER IT

02 June 2011



today's cover it features the covers of 2 things in my collection of stuff that i realized made me feel the same way. the top image is the cover of the new SILK FLOWERS record and the bottom image is the cover of the dictionary of superstitions. i have had this book in my possession for a long time and usually leave it on top of the stacks because i love the image. the record cover was made in the last year and feels so time lost to me. they are polar opposites of each other in time and place in the artistic spectrum but something about the still life quality of each image makes me respond to it in the same way. if i were to combine the two images, holy crap, minimalist maximalist still life perfection.
by the way, the new silk flowers record LTD. FORM is one of my favorite records that came out this year.

0 comments:

 

THE GREAT LAKES GOODS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger